Tsuyama Castle (Kakuzan Park)

Phone 0868-22-4572

Search this place on Google.





Mori Tadamasa, the first lord of the Tsuyama Clan, spent 12 years building this “flatland mountain castle” which was completed in 1616. Although the buildings were completely destroyed after the 1873 ordinance abolishing castles, the largest watchtower in the castle, the “Bitchu yagura”, was reconstructed in 2005 complete with its characteristic palace-style tatami flooring. Also known as a place to view cherry blossoms, Kakuzan Park which includes the castle ruins was selected as one of “Japan's Top 100 Cherry Blossom Viewing Sites”.